torsdag 12. juni 2014

Goals: Style Inspo a la Karla Deras

When I first started reading style/fashion blogs in about 2008, one of the first ones I came across was Karla's Closet, and I was immediately sold. I have been steadily following Karla since, and I have loved watching her style evolve. One of the things I really like about Karla is that she seems to have such a strong sense of personal style. Rather than merely following trends, she incorporates them into her style as she sees fit. Each year, her style seems to take on a new and awesome (and) inspiring twist. Frankly, I don't think this lady could ever go wrong!


 I like how she plays with shape and textures, like pairing a form-fitting body suit with a pair of billowy harem pants. Or wearing smooth and silky crop tops and trousers with the more rough texture of a jean jacket. So freakin' chic!


I think it always looks so classy when a lady wears high-waisted skirt. Karla rock high-waisted skirts beautifully. I love how she balances between rocking them with more formal blazers or structured coats, and then more casually with tees and henleys. She usually pulls her outfits together with stunning sky-high heels.


Karla's also knows how to rock a high-waisted trouser like no other. From a flared 70s style jean paired with a  feminine blouse. Or a clean black monochrome look composed of a pair of black slacks, a bandeau and a blazer. So smooth. Another thing I have notice about Karla is that she is often quite a bit ahead of her time with trends. She started wearing the vintage distressed Levi jeans a while back, before they came back in style, pairing them with

 She is currently sporting a bob, which looks wonderful. However for quite a few years, she rocked a pixie cut a la Audrey Hepburn and she kilt it.


Karla's style oozes of a natural confidence and class. After a visit to her blog, I feel ready to go into my closet, get creative and own my personal style. It is awesome to see her taking her place as a icon in the fashion world.

Who are some of your fashion icons?


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar