tirsdag 10. juni 2014

Goals: Summer Style I

Clothes are fun. They can be a great way to express one's personality, an extension of the self, if desired. Or just a way to have fun and be someone different for day. For a long time, I struggled with the distinction between fashion and style, if they were two different concepts in first place, and if so which I felt more connected to. Over time, I have come to view fashion as somewhat fleeting, often impersonal, but a great starting point for the development of personal style. Style also evolves, but can become something more permanent. It is unique to the individual, formed by their personality and their life experiences. Both fashion and style have their place, but I think I lean more toward embracing the concept of style.

My style is usually influenced by seasons and my surroundings. This summer, the weather has been a bit unpredictable where I live, switching between gorgeous sunny days and equally beautiful days of rainfall. In the midst of this, the temperatures have stayed nice and warm. This leaving me wanting to live breezy, light tees or oversize button-ups and denim on the bottom, in the form of either cut-offs or jeans. I find the styles rocked by these ladies super inspiring for summer. 

 Nelly of Class and Women

Tanesha of Girl With Curves

 Julia Sarr-Jamois, Editor of Wonderland Magazine

Alex of Alex Elle

What are you wearing this summer?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar