torsdag 5. juni 2014

Wanderlust .....: San Francisco

I still remember the first time I saw San Francisco. I think I was about five or six years old, watching George of the Jungle in my Grandma's room. When George leaves the jungle to find and woo his love interest, Ursula, he heads to the city of San Francisco where she lives. Upon George's arrival in the City by the Bay, there is this wide view of this city with beautiful buildings, incredibly steep hills and long winding roads. It was love at first sight and obsession has lingered to this day.  I have to yet to visit the city of my dreams, but it is at the very top of my list of places in the United States that I would like to visit. It is a MAJOR wanderlust destination!


Aah, the gorgeous Golden Gate Bridge! For some reason, I have always pictured myself driving into San Francisco with my sister by way of the Golden Gate in a convertible Volkswagen Beetle (Hollywood much?) while Roy Orbison's "You Got It" blares from the sound system. 


You cannot go to San Francisco without stopping by the Painted Sisters ...


 Or taking a ride on the city's gorgeous light rails ...


 Enjoying a cozy picnic at Dolores Park (those who know me well know that I love a good picnic, especially at night). Even Buzzfeed.com loves Dolores Park: http://www.buzzfeed.com/benandjerrys/reasons-to-love-dolores-park

 Or take a car ride (or rollercoaster ride, depending on how you look at it) on some of the cities wonderfully steep and winding roads. Exhibit A, Lombard Street:


I do hope that I will find myself in this beautiful city very soon and I will definitely be sure to wear some flowers in my hair! (Get it?! :D)

 

Source: Images c/o Google

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar