søndag 21. september 2014

Goals: Styleinspo a la Turban Chic

I am a turban fiend, and I have been since I was little girl, when I would watch my mum and Grandma tie beautiful headscarves and mimic them. This is wonderful stylistic tradition from my Ghanaian side that I try incorporate into my personal style. Yup, that's me having a little webcam photoshoot. *blushes*


There are so many ways to tie a headscarf, and I am always on the lookout for new ideas. I like to pair the turban with my fall and spring outfits. But since I am in tropical country for the semester, there is no autumn for me this year. Though many Ghanaian ladies are rocking epic turbans around me, my head gets too hot when I wear one for too long. Obviously, there are levels to this ish.



As mentioned, many boss ladies rock the turban during the summer. I do myself when I am deep-conditioning my hair and want an easy way to look presentable while moisturizing my hair. The ladies are above are killing the summertime turban look and making me think maybe I should toughen up and deal with the head heat. I mean it is a fair trade-off for looking this awesome, right?


 I need a jumpsuit just the one the like the lady on the left is wearing (I believe she is the Paola behind Finding Paola). But getting to the point, how beautiful do these two look in their turbans?


This photo caught my attention on the Humans of Amsterdam Facebook page. She looks so poised and regal. Proof of the turban's elegance as a fashion statement.


The look worn by the girl on the right is a favourite of mine. I would definitely be rocking that if I were in the crisp autumn weather of the Midwest right now. The chunky green knit with a figure-hugging maxi and a towering headwrap. I like to imagine that on her feet, she has on a pair of brown lace-up Victorian boots or black patent Doc Martens. Perfection. Oh, and sister on the left is serving 80s realness with the blazer-mum jean-hat combo. Werk, ladiesss.

Are you a turban fan?

 Images c/o: Humans of Amsterdam, Turbanista and Finding Paola.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar