søndag 21. september 2014

Song Of The Day: 'Mama Says' by Ibeyi


I follow this wonderful webpage called OkayAfrica. that is my source of all things Afro-Diasporic, in particular Afro-Diasporic music, fashion and art. They are always introducing me to new artists and designers, and I have mad love for this website. So the other day, a post from them popped up on my Facebook feed about Ibeyi, a French-Cuban twin sister duo, with their new song 'Mama Says'. I have been seeing images of these twin musicians around, but I had never given their music a listen. Boy, am I glad I did. They are amazing. Their vocals are effortless, soothing and powerful all at once. I will definitely be listening to more of them.


Also, can we address that one of these twins has a fro and the other hair that lies down?  Am I the only one who think that's awesome? Okay.


Image c/o: OkayAfrica. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar