fredag 28. november 2014

100 Days Of Positive Thinking: Day 43 (US Day)

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Today was a day filled sharing the culture of my adopted home, the USA on the campus of my study abroad school. It went so well and I am filled with joy. The day was a labour of love, with so many people working together to make it happen. The community supported us so well by taking interest in our event and showing up. I could not have asked for a better outcome. We started the day off with breakfast (pancakes and bacon). Then we moved on to fact and Q+A session (we shared some general facts about the states and also took the opportunity to highlight Ferguson and the history of racial violence in the States). During this session, we served some tasters of US food with the community (chilli, beer bread, roasted potatoes, craisins and apple pie). After that we had a dance session (we did the Electric Slide, Cotton Eyed Joe, Cha Cha Slide, Cupid Shuffle, Soulja Boy, and just about line dance we could think of). We ended the day with a screening of the movie Crash. It was a wonderful day. I am so thankful to have been a part of making it happen.

Serving up some grub with my homie Clare.

I hope that wherever you are (and that if you celebrate) that your Thanksgiving was magical, joyful and full of love.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar