søndag 23. november 2014

Song Of The Day: 'Cocoa Butter Kisses' by Chance The Rapper

I'm a Chance fan. I really wanted to go see him live when he came to my city, but as usual (Nerd Alert!) I opted to study for a midterm examination I had the next day. But really, why are concerts on Tuesdays? Or any other weekday for that matter? Don't they know some of us are still in school and too much of the goody-two-shoes persuasion to sleep in (and miss class) after seeing a concert? Anywho, this song is my jam! My dance group did a routine to the Elli Ingram cover last year. While I think Ms. Ingram's cover s epic, there is a certain je ne sais quoi about the original of this song that is inimitable. Chance has mentioned in interviews that prior to becoming a hip hop enthusiast, he was a jazz head. The influence that jazz music has had on him is evident in the richness of his music, particularly this track. Also, everyone loves some cocoa butta, doe. Amiright?


What are you listening to today?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar