søndag 21. desember 2014

100 Days Of Positive Thinking: Day 44 (Welcome Home)

I am so excited to look out my window and see the fjord, mountains and grey, gloomy skies. However, I must admit, saying goodbye to the friends I made in Ghana was a lot harder than I had anticipated. I did my typical thing of smiling, and cracking jokes to stop the tears that were welling up from falling. As the car drove away, I got a text from a friend saying he would miss me. I could not hold the tear back any longer. My semester in Ghana was like dark chocolate, bittersweet. At the end of it, I feel so blessed to have had this experience. It has taught me so much about humanity, my identity and my personality. I am excited to take time to reflect on this experience over this next month at home with my papa, mama and sister.


Thank you to everyone in GH who helped make this time as amazing as it was. I loved singing, chatting in the dark, walking up/down the hill, grabbing food from Mannie's or Akorno, drinking fresh coconut, eating guinea fowl, doing laundry under the hot sun with you! I'll never forget you!

Stay awesome, Ashesi peeps!



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar