søndag 5. juli 2015

Goals: Styleinspo a la Yolande (of The Language of Yolande)

I am so glad I found Yolande's blog via the one my favourite bloggers (and friends in my head) The Curvynista. Her style is so effortless, quirky, and well-executed, it's impossible not to be inspired. She has a beautiful curly mini-afro, that she switches off from time to time for loc braids, or a tapered look. Her natural, sophisticated makeup looks makes me wish I had the staying power to develop and adhere to a makeup routine. And of course, the shoe game. So. darn. strong.





A favourite for me are her more androgynous looks, across seasons. Tapered cropped trousers, paired with matching blazers, leather jackets, a wool polo neck, or a laid-back tee. Yolande often adds a deep purple lip, and pair of heeled boots or patent oxfords or loafers. This is always a hit, making for a sleek and sophisticated look.




She rocks a flared midi like no other. Sometimes it's a more minimalistic style with a simple tee, leather bomber, a pair of pointy patent oxfords shoes. In the second photo, she adds edge to a pastel,  tulle-looking midi with a graphic t-shirt, a pair of rocker lace-up booties, and a delicate silver collar. And all those gorgeous leather clutches. Le sigh ....



One of the most interesting things about style to me is playing with proportions and silhouettes. Yolande's blog always introduces me to interesting and aesthetically pleasing ways to do this. Above, she uses two  pieces that I think transcend seasons, trends, and are always chic -  the plain, structured sweatshirt, and the polo neck wool sweater. Here, Yolande pairs them with pencils skirts to create casual, minimal looks. I also adore the play with nature-toned colours in these two looks.


Now, THIS is my absolute favourite look that I've seen on her blog so far. Leather. Crisp oxford shirt. Pleated skater skirt. Black, white, and grey. What's not to love? The perfect mix of textures, colours, and shapes.  It's absolutely perfect.

If you would like to check out more of Yolande's rad style (which I think should) click here to go to her blog. You'll leave with a ton of style inspiration!


1 kommentar: