lørdag 9. januar 2016

100 Days Of Positive Thinking: Day 54 (Resolution Time)

New year, new me? It seems it's become super out of fashion to have new years resolutions, but I am a sucker for the promise that a new year brings. I find that the crossover between an old year and a new one is a great time to reflect on the things I want to work on about myself. Resolutions are a wonderful way for me to outline these goals and map how to make them happen.


Resolutions for 2016:

Embrace Being a #Carefreeblackgirl 
As a rather socially conscious individual, I found myself getting rather exhausted this past year as each day brought news of acts of hatred and violence around the world. I was disappointed when I noticed how selective our grief is, how the pain of some is elevated above that of others. It felt at times as if my heart was constantly bleeding for something. Being conscious is something I never wish to lose. I always want to strive to be more empathetic, more open to learning from others, and striving to make the world a better place. However in 2016, I want to work toward balancing this with being a happy human being.

Take Care of My Mind, Body and Soul
Quite simply because my perception of my body has changed so much. I realize more than ever that this is the vessel God has given to carry me through my life. I need to nurture her and make sure she is well-exercised, well-watered, well-rested and well-nourished. Towards this, I want to make sure to go the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I also want to make sure to drink plenty of water each day. I want to get 8 hours of sleep nightly, and practice good skin care.
  
Journaling
Writing and scrap-booking has always been an important way for me to process the things happening in my life. Not only is it a wonderful way to decompress, but I also relish the idea of looking back on these memories years from now. I want to do more of this in 2016.

Develop This Blog
I want to make sure to put up at least three posts a week on the blog. I want to push myself to post more lifestyle and outfit photos on this little corner of the internet that I get to call mine.

Make More Art
Whether it's photography, writing, music, choreographing I want to make more art. It is really a goal of mine to both bring more beauty into the world, and observe beauty as it manifests all around me.

Travel More 
I am the child and grandchild of migrants. My existence and way of life has always been centered on travel. I spent a sizable part of my childhood years in transit. However there are so many places I yearn to visit and experience. In 2016, I  plan to do more traveling. I just returned from a week's visit to Chicago, and in a couple of days I'm heading to the East Coast of the United States for the time. So travel-wise, 2016 is already off to an excellent start.

Enjoy My Final Semester of College
This time will never come back. It's been amazing ride, with both its highs and lows. and I am realizing more than ever what a privilege it is to be in college and to have had the opportunity to learn in the environment I have been in and to meet amazing professors and peers. Over this semester, I want to bask in this.

In the words of Kate Bush, "I just know something good is gonna happen" in 2016. Excited to bring this blog along with me on the journey.

What are your resolutions for the coming year?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar