onsdag 16. mars 2016

Song of the Day: "Dasi Ko" by Bella Bellow

I am writing this post from San Juan, Puerto Rico, where I have been for the past four days spending the first part of my Spring Break. The trip was a surprise from my parents and older sister I am overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for the experience. It is last day here. I head to the airport in a couple of hours. I plan to write to do another post on the trip, but for now I leave you with my soundtrack for the last few day.

 I came across the song 'Dasi Ko' by the late, oh-so great Togolese singer Bella Bellow a couple of days ago and have been jamming to it since. Being in Puerto Rico has been quite reminiscent of being in Ghana for me, from the climate to the food to the rhythms I have heard around me. This song tapped right into that Ghana-longing and was the perfect theme for a tropical vacation. Ms. Bellow is legend of African music (and the music industry, in general), so please, give her a listen. You won't regret it. Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!



What are you listening to today?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar