mandag 23. mai 2016

100 Days Of Positive Thinking: Day 56 (Maya Angelou on Living Well)

It dawned on me today that it's taken me almost two years to get just to get to Day 56 of this challenge. Part of it is the business of school (which is no longer an excuse #Classof2016!). Another part is that it's been a rough year and half, and finding beauty in everyday life has not been hard. With the transition period I am about to enter, I am excited to work harder on the pursuit of joy and positivity. Life is both flowers and warts, and you can't have one without the other, but I hope to learn to glean the lessons from the hard stuff and gleefully celebrate the good. 


Maya Angelou deeply embodied this idea of living joyfully. Her life was full of ups and downs, but she rode each wave and made her existence beautiful. This quote popped on my newsfeed today and it was just what I needed:

Living well is an art that can be developed: a love of life and ability to take great pleasure from small offerings and assurance that the world owes you nothing and that every gift is exactly that, a gift. 
— Maya Angelou (Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now)

Image c/o Google

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar