torsdag 26. mai 2016

100 Days Of Positive Thinking: Day 57 (Graduation Musings)

On May 14th, 2016, I graduated from college. It still seems somewhat surreal that I have a bachelor's degree. The entire process was full of a lot of love, support, and family. It was truly a time of gathering and celebration. This journey would not have been possible without my family, who have been my pillars throughout. I love you all so much. Also our commencement speakers were actress and playwright, Danai Gurira and composer Gary Hines who founded the Grammy-winning music group, Sound of Blackness. Both of these amazing individuals graduated from my alma mater. A few of my friends and I had the great privilege and pleasure of meeting and spending some time talking with Danai and her parents the night before graduation. To say we were starstruck would be an understatment. What a godess!


The crew with Danai.


With mama, papa, and big sis. I love my unit.


Jumping for joy!


Some of the most special ladies in my life. Love you guys!


Big 'ol squad pic.


Our family reps Ghana, Norway, the UK, Jamaica, and Sierra Leone. 
We are proudly culturally confused. 


My dear friend, Hanna. So much love for this woman. 


Had to rep Norway since May 17th was only three days away.


Thanks again to everyone who has supported in reaching this milestone. It truly does take a village and I am so grateful to each and everyone of you.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar