I had a conversation with my sister and a friend about how as a babies and toddler, we are so happy and carefree. Life is at it simplest - we eat, sleep, poop, and repeat. As we get older, we are increasingly bogged down with the realities of everyday life. Even the most idealistic person in the world loses some of their childlike "sheen". As we older, and perhaps a bit more jaded, it's important to notice and find joy in those simple things that used to send our baby self into fits of giggles, feet kicking with glee. Here are few simple things that have put a smile on her face.
1) Re-reading one of my favourite novels, I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
2) A late night trip to a Mexican restaurants for nachos and choriqueso
3) The feeling of hearing a song that immediately hits you in the heart
4) Culottes - seriously, I'm obsessed!
5) Babies giggling at the silliest things
6) Re-watching old movies and shows, Half and Half, anyone?
7) Munching on buttery crackers
Which simple things are sparking happiness for you today?