lørdag 24. september 2016

100 Days of Positive Thinking: Day 65 (The Art and Power of Self-Definition)

Recently I've been spending quite a bit of time contemplating the art and power of self-definition. I think it's really important to make time and find spaces in which we are able to mould ourselves and growi into the versions of ourselves we have always dreamt of being. 


I find such great joy in focusing on the things that I do have the ability to change and make better. Our world is constantly wrought with ugliness, and it is essential to think of ways that we can be instrumental in improving it condition. But in order to do that, we have to make sure we taking good care of ourselves. I recently had the great honour of attending a screening of one my favourite films ever, "Sankofa" by Ethiopian-American director, Haile Gerima. Mr. Gerima has been one of my heroes for a long time, thanks to an introduction by my mama as a child. He spoke about the importance of self-analysis and self-change, and cited this as the foundation for sustainable community change. This is beautiful philosophy, but can be difficult to apply as humans are not always the most adept at being self-reflexive. But as Mr. Gerima suggest, the key is start with the self. And that's my current mission ....

Image c/o Google

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar