søndag 26. mars 2017

Song of the Day: "Quick" by Tank and the Bangas

I first came across Tarriona "Tank" Ball in February during Black History Month when she was featured in a Style Like U video for the What's Underneath series. I fell in love with her amazing spirit, style,and all-around beauty. I connected with so many of the truths and experiences she shared. I found it incredibly powerful that she does not seem to let her insecurities break or define, but also does not shy away from them.


So of course the next natural step was to listen to some of the music she makes with her band, Tank and the Bangas. Boy, was I in for a treat! I have been jamming to them ever since. A track titled "Quick" in particular has been on repeat in my headphones.


Tank's voice is spectacular. I mean truly exquisite. The band's has this chemistry that I feel like I haven't heard in quite some time. I honestly can't recall the last time I felt this excited about hearing new music. As a singer myself, Tank has inspired me to get back on the horse when it comes to creating. As a woman, she has inspired me to be myself 150%! If you do anything today, please make sure you give Tank and the Bangas a listen. You won't be disappointed. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar