torsdag 4. mai 2017

100 Days of Positive Thinking: Day 100 (Cruel, Crazy, Beautiful World)

After working on these 100 Days of Positive Thinking for almost three years (wow, I still can't believe that it took me that long), I have reached the very last day of this endeavour. After a strong start, a dwindling middle and a return to form over the last few months, I have really enjoyed this. Growing up is hard. It can be difficult to maintain the optimism we possess when we are little as life's challenges rock our proverbial boats, letting on water and all manner of driftwood. I guess when I started this I was looking for an opportunity to regain some of that. 

Yes, the world is wild place. Bad things happen every day. But the world is also a mind-blowingly beautiful! Good, beautiful things also happen every day. It is good to be conscious, it is good to care. But it is also incredibly important to pay attention to the good things that happen. To notice how shockingly blue the sky is. To fall in love with a song, put it on repeat, and dance till you're out of breath. To let a ray of sunshine wash over your face, blinding you with bliss in the process. Life is weird and beautiful, you gotta take the rain with sunshine. Like my dad told me a few weeks back, hope is what life is made of, what keeps us moving. So here's to positivity and joy in this cruel, crazy, beautiful world (cue Johnny Clegg). Here is to hope. Here is to my last list for this challenge: 



1. My amazing family. Quoting Shonda Rhimes, we are "never perfect, constantly evolving, always united."I love me some them.
2. Obsessed with the dress Quinta has here (and maybe cop some Adidas Superstars too)
3. Chimamanda Adichie and Trevor Noah in conversation - pure gold!
4. Haruki Murakami's wildly impressive record collection (music and literature are my ish)
5. 21 Badass Black Feminist to follow on Instagram
6. This Fader article on the band, Ibeyi and their home in Cuba

I might continue these lists just as a regular feature on here. They've been fun to put together. Or maybe restart the 100 Days? Who knows. Hopefully it won't take me 3 years to get through the next installment!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar